New month means new products. In July, our Florihana artisanal distillery is pleased to introduce its brand-new Prickly Pear Carrier Oil to its current range. 100% natural and Cosmos Organic certified, this beauty oil is extracted by a cold pressing process from seeds of Prickly Pear Cactus from Morocco.
Rare and most precious by nature, traditionally used by the Aztecs for its therapeutic and nutritional benefits, the Prickly Pear corresponds to the juicy and edible fruit produced by the Prickly Pear Cactus (Opuntia ficus indica), also known as the “Paddle Cactus”. This sturdy, ornamental and succulent thorny plant of the Cactaceae family originally grows in Central America, and more precisely in Mexico where it is sacred. Imported into Europe following the discovery of the New World by Christopher Columbus, the Prickly Pear Cactus eventually spread over time to other Mediterranean and tropical regions, such as Provence, the South of France, Corsica, southern Spain, North Africa, South Africa and Madagascar.
Subtle and delicately acidic, the organic Prickly Pear Carrier Oil is mainly used in cosmetics for its powerful antioxidant and revitalizing properties. Rich in vitamin E, Omega-6 and sterols, it provides notorious softening, moisturizing, toning and fortifying benefits. This beauty oil thus constitutes a valuable ingredient to deeply nourish and moisturize skin, hair and nails.
Ideal as a cosmetic care, the precious Prickly Pear Carrier Oil is suitable for all skin types, helping to preserve their vitality and elasticity. Of a dry texture, this oil penetrates easily and quickly into the epidermis. Its moisturizing and regenerating properties will be most beneficial for dry, dehydrated or mature skin, as well as dry or damaged hair. Examples of recommended use include:
- Moisturizing and protective facial care, to apply on cleansed skin, morning and evening;
- Eye contour care, to apply in small touches to cleansed skin, morning and evening;
- Anti-wrinkle face cream, to use on cleansed skin, morning and evening;
- Anti-oxidant serum for the face, to be applied preferably daily in the evening on cleansed skin;
- Nourishing body milk, on cleansed skin, morning and evening;
- Moisturizing hair serum, to use daily on the ends of dry or wet hair;
- Nourishing and fortifying hair mask, to be left on from 20 minutes to several hours before rinsing.
For even more benefits, the organic Prickly Pear Carrier Oil blends perfectly with other oils and hydrosols with similar properties, such as the Geranium Rosat, Rose Otto, Helichrysum Italian or Wild Carrot Essential Oils, the Frankincense or Damask Rose Hydrosols, as well as the Tsubaki - Camelia, Sweet Almond, Jojoba or Rose Hip Carrier Oils.