Opuntia ficus indica
Our Prickly Pear Carrier Oil or Vegetable Oil (Opuntia ficus indica) is certified organic (Cosmos Organic), 100% natural and pure. This oil is unrefined and cold-pressed from the seeds. This plant is cultivated in Morocco.
Antioxidant and revitalizing.
Free Shipping On Orders Over $100
Precious and rare, the Prickly Pear is a carrier oil rich in vitamin E, omega-6 and sterols, highly sought after for its anti-oxidant, revitalizing, softening and moisturizing effects. This beauty oil is a valuable ingredient for nourishing and moisturizing skin, hair and nails in depth as well as for reducing skin aging.
• Main properties: Moisturizing, antioxidant, regenerating, softening.
• With its dry texture, it is suitable for all skin types, helping to maintain their vitality and suppleness. Its virtues will be most beneficial for dry, dehydrated or mature skin types, as well as dry or damaged hair.
Country of Origin
Method of Cultivation
Part of the Plant
Cold-Pressed - Unrefined
Opuntia ficus indica
• Cosmetic care, massages.
• Suitable for all skin types.
• Ideal for dry, dehydrated or mature skins.
• Ideal for dry or damaged hair.
The organic Prickly Pear Carrier Oil can be used singly and also serves as an excellent foundation for natural care treatments.
• Moisturizing and protective facial care, to be applied to cleansed skin, morning and evening.
• Eye contour care, to be applied in small strokes, morning and evening.
• Anti-wrinkle face cream, on cleansed skin, morning and evening
• Anti-ageing face serum, to be applied preferably daily in the evening on cleansed skin.
• Nourishing body milk, on cleansed skin, mornings and evenings
• Moisturizing hair serum, to be applied daily to the ends of dry or wet hair.
• Nourishing and fortifying hair mask to be left on from 20 minutes to several hours before washing.
To further increase its benefits, the organic Prickly Pear Carrier Oil blends very well with other organic Carrier Oils and Hydrosols with complementary properties, such as:
• The Jojoba, Argan, Camellia Seed, Sweet Almond, Rose Hip or Blackberry Seed Carrier Oils.
• The Frankincense, Damask Rose or Labdanum Hydrosols.
- Apricot Seed Organic
- Argan Organic
- Avocado Organic
- Black Cumin Organic
- Blackberry Seed Organic
- Blackcurrant Organic
- Borage Organic
- Brazil Nut Organic
- Camelina Organic
- Castor Oil Organic
- Coconut Organic
- Evening Primrose Organic
- Foraha (Tamanu) Organic
- Grape Seed
- Grape Seed Oil Organic
- Hazelnut Organic
- Hemp Seed Organic
- Jojoba Organic
- Macadamia Organic
- Olive Organic
- Pumpkin Seed Organic
- Raspberry Seed Organic
- Rosehip (Seed) Oil Organic
- Safflower Organic
- Sea Buckthorn Organic
- Sesame Organic
- Sunflower Organic
- Sweet Almond Organic
- Tsubaki - Camellia Seed Organic
- Wheat Germ
Prickly Pear Organic
Close to human sebum, nourishing, firming and protecting virtues
Protective function of the skin
Oleic acid (omega-9)
Soothing, anti-inflammatory and regenerating virtues, maintains the skin's elasticity, suppleness and moisture
Linoleic acid (omega-6)
Maintains the skin’s barrier function