Associated with renewal, autumn has just begun. The cold is now being felt, the days are getting shorter, the sun is fading and the weather is becoming cloudier, rainy and windy. Nostalgia is in the air. With warm and comforting colors, this gentle season invites us to take care of ourselves, slow down and relax. To help you feel good and look good during this period of decreasing energy, here is our selection of fall essentials with natural benefits only.
ESSENTIAL OILS TO FUEL YOUR DAYS
To face the cold and grey weather, some natural boosters with energizing, tonic and purifying virtues are particularly useful to improve your vitality, stimulate your body and enhance your level of energy:
- Ravintsara: Fresh and spicy, this oil with strong tonic and uplifting properties is a real must-have through this season change;
- Tea Tree: Refreshing, vitalizing, purifying and protective, this flagship aromatherapy product is also ideally suited;
- Eucalyptus Radiata: One of the best natural tonics, this energizing oil with a light lemon fragrance especially helps to improve the immune system;
- Peppermint: With its refreshing and slightly pungent aromas, this first-class cleansing active ingredient is also recommended for its tonic and stimulating benefits, providing a lively sensation of well-being.
In the same category: Cinnamon Bark, Black Spruce, Rosemary cineol, Thyme Linalol, Bay Laurel, Eucalyptus Globulus, Clove Bud
Symbols of vitality and full of sunshine, the Citrus fruits also greatly help to enhance our well-being during this season where the dull weather influences our emotions. In particular:
- Lemon: Fresh and vibrant, this natural tonic with cleansing and energizing virtues is a must-have in your fall kit;
- White Grapefruit: Tart, refreshing and invigorating, this zest of energy brings renewed vitality;
- Sweet Orange: As suggested by its name, this flagship citrus fruit is entirely in tune with the season due to its uplifting, calming and revitalizing benefits;
- Bergamot: Gentle and fruity, soothing and refreshing, this natural essential improves well-being and promotes relaxation; its use is also indicated for its purifying properties;
A HEALTHY AND WARM ATMOSPHERE
Autumn is the perfect season for cocooning and invites us to go indoors. Now is a great time to take care of yourself by creating a sweet and serene atmosphere. Perfect for diffusion, the following essential oils with a wide range of aromas will keep your home warm:
- Frankincense: One of the world's oldest natural perfumes, this harmonizing and enveloping oil with balsamic and oriental notes is ideally suited to promote calm and balance;
- Red Mandarin: Sweet, comforting, soothing and balancing, this essential citrus fruit with the scent of childhood is also truly beneficial for relaxation;
On the other hand, as humidity is autumn's enemy, it is just as important to cleanse your home with essential purifying oils. Depending on your olfactory preferences, our recommendations are as follows:
- Floral: Lavender Vera or Geranium;
- Fruity: Lemon or White Grapefruit;
- Woody: Black Spruce or Sylvester Pine;
- Herbaceous: Ravintsara or Rosemary cineol;
A MINIMALIST BEAUTY ROUTINE
Beauty-wise, the autumn season also influences the quality of the skin and hair. During this transition period, the complexion becomes dull, the skin paler, less firm and dehydrated. Meanwhile, the hair becomes more fragile and less toned. It is therefore essential to follow a specific beauty routine throughout the whole fall to take care of both.
As of now, there is only one golden rule: moisturizing. In particular, several specific carrier oils are advised to hydrate, nourish, tone and protect the skin as well as nourish and strengthen the hair:
- Rosehip: Intensely moisturizing, nourishing and repairing, ideal for dry skins, this leading active ingredient mainly helps to firm the skin and provide a renewed glow;
- Jojoba: Famous for its moisturizing, protective and regulating properties, this popular care product for all skin types helps to prevent cutaneous dryness and restore the skin’s suppleness. With fortifying and toning effects, it is equally beneficial for the hair;
- Argan: With a very thin texture and easy absorption, this oriental oil is also suitable for all skin types that will be moisturized, nourished and regenerated. Moreover, its daily use allows to nourish the hair in depth and to restore its strength and shine;
- Avocado: Traditionally used for its extremely nourishing, softening and restructuring properties on the skin, this natural beautifier also brings shine and tone to the hair;
- Castor: A must-have for hair care, this key oil helps to strengthen the hair and restore its sheen and softness while stimulating its regrowth. Using it for fortifying the nails is just as effective.
For a luminous complexion:
- Raspberry Seed: Full of vitamins and carotenoids, this rare and precious natural antioxidant is well known for its strong illuminating effects on the face;
- Sea Buckthorn: Just as full of vitamins, antioxidants and carotenoids, this other precious oil also promotes a radiant glow;
- Apricot Seed: With a gentle and unctuous texture, this third must-have beautifier helps providing a smooth and bright complexion as well.
The effects of those natural care products may be enhanced by using organic hydrosols, such as those of Rose, deeply moisturizing and revitalizing, Neroli, toning and illuminating, or Lavender Vera, soothing and regenerating.
FALL-INSPIRED DIY BEAUTY TIPS
- 1 knob of herbal base cream
- 2 drops of Rosehip carrier oil
- 2 drops of Argan or Jojoba carrier oil
- Optional: 2 to 4 drops of Damask Rose hydrosol
Apply on the cleansed skin of your face. We also recommend washing your hands thoroughly before use.
- 1 knob of herbal base cream
- 2 drops of Apricot Seed carrier oil
- 2 drops of Sea Buckthorn carrier oil
- Optional: 2 to 4 drops of Neroli floral water
Fortifying Hair Mask
- 1 tablespoon of Castor carrier oil
- ½ tablespoon of Avocado carrier oil
Adapt quantities depending on the length and type of your hair
- Optional: add 1 drop of Ylang Ylang essential oil for extra shine
Leave to rest on dry hair for 20 minutes before washing with shampoo.
Autumn Spice Blend for Indoor Diffusion
- 2 drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 1 drop of Sweet Orange essential oil
- 1 drop of Ginger essential oil
For further information about our Florihana brand and our products, we invite you to explore our website or contact us using the attached form.